CHARLESTON, W. Va. (WVVA) – Yesterday, October 2nd, the WV DHHR, the Bureau for Public Health, and the Office of Medical Cannabis (OMC) announced the successful applicants for medical cannabis grower permits in the Mountain State.
The permit holders will cultivate medical cannabis plants before sending them to be processed and transformed into allowable forms for patient use.
The allowable forms for patients include:
- Topical (This includes gel, cream, ointments)
- Plant form for vaporization/nebulization
- Dermal Patch
The following are the permit recipients:
- Mountaineer Holding, LLC in Belle, Kanawha County
- Harvest Care Medical, LLC in Kearneysville, Jefferson County
- Buckhannon Grow, LLC in Buckhannon, Upshur County
- Holistic WV Farms I, LLC in Beaver, Raleigh County
- Verano WV, LLC in Beaver, Raleigh County
- Columbia Care WV, LLC in Falling Water, Berkley County
- Tariff Labs, LLC in Left Hand, Roane County
- Armory Pharmaceutical, Inc in Buckhannon, Upshur County
- Mountaineer Integrated Care, Inc in Fort Ashby, Mineral County
- Blue Ridge Botanicals, Ltd in Southside, Mason County
“This is an important step in the process to make medical cannabis available to West Virginians with serious medical conditions and will generate economic activity throughout West Virginia,” said Jason Frame, Director of the OMC. “We continue to work toward a goal of providing eligible West Virginia residents the ability to procure quality-tested medical cannabis.”
The OMC is now moving forward with plans to score the processor and applications .
The next step is to begin the process is to begin issuing patient cards in the Spring of 2021.
For the latest news, go to our website at wvva.com.