Review of the OXVA Velocity 21700 Full Kit.
The V in OXVA is for Velocity, which is the latest addition from new to market company OXVA, the creators of the Orgin X and the Orgin AIO, and recently moved in to the RTA market with the all-new Arbiter RTA
OXVA Velocity 21700 Full Kit is the smallest single 21700 box mod and excellent pod mod. OXVA Velocity box mod is powered by a single 18650/ 20700/ 21700 battery with max 100W output. And OXVA Velocity mod features a creative 510 connection, which doesn’t come off when you unscrew the tank or cap.
OXVA Velocity 100W mod supports 3 modes: Smart/ Power/ Voltage modes to meet vaper’s needs. OXVA Velocity is compatible with all OXVA coils, includes Unipro coils(0.15ohm/ 0.3ohm/ RBA) and Unicoils (0.2ohm/ 0.3ohm/ 0.5ohm/ 1.0ohm/ RBA). Unipro RBA coil(sold separately) is the first MTL and RDL RBA.
Many of you probably haven’t heard of OXVA as a company, As are still fairly new to the Vaping scene, they may be a newer company, put they bring them a wealth of experience and knowledge, Justin Lai who is their CEO, is mainly know for his previous design creations, designing the Geekvape Aegis range of mods, and the Zeus range of tanks.
Parameters of the OXVA Velocity 21700
- Battery: single 18650/ 20700/ 21700 battery(not included)
- 0.96 Inch OLED Screen
- Output: 5-100W
- Output voltage: 0.5-8.0V
- Charging: Type C 2A fast charging system
- Resistance range: 0.1-2.0ohm
- Capacity: 5ml
- Resistance: 0.15Ω mesh coil(60-80W)
- 0.3Ω mesh coil(30-40W)
- Black Leather.
- Brown Leather.
- Carbon Fibre.
- Black Marble
- Rose Gold.
- Gold Ripple
Features of the OXVA Velocity 21700 Kit
- Creative 510 connection
- Powered by single 18650/ 20700/ 21700 battery with max 100W output
- 3 modes: Smart/ Power/ Voltage modes
- Buck-boost converter PCBA
- Compatible with all OXVA coils
- RBA Unipro coil(sold separately) for MTL and RDL vaping
OXVA Safety Features
- The Switch timeout protection,
- Short circuit protection,
- Overcharge protection,
- Over discharge protection,
- Output over-current protection.
Below the fire button is the Velocity Screen, which is bright, both inside and out, as well as being well laid out.
Below the wattage the the function display, which shows if you are in SMART mode, which will read the coil, and set the device to the recommended wattage.
In the Sub Menu you can select
- SMART – which will deck the correct power and will limit the wattage based on the coil installed.
- POWER – Which allow you to have total control of the wattage from 5w up to 100w, which you will need to use with the RBA Base.
- VOLT – Allows you to run it in voltage mode from 0.5v all the way up to 8v.
- COLOUR – Allows you to change the colour of the screen.
- EXIT – Takes you back to the main screen.
Below the control buttons, is the Type C Charing port, as with all mods I would recommend charging the batteries in an external charger.
Once installed the battery door clips shut, I have had no issues with the door holding shut.
Pods and Coils.
Each pod will hold 5ml of juice, and allows you to swap out you drip tip.
The Air flow Base allows you to choose from wide open, then the choice of two holes getting progressively smaller.
I have been enjoying the Velocity in DTL mode, with the airflow at about 50% open.
Each pod is held firmly in place with four large strong magnets, which a recessed on the top of the device, and sits in each corner, around the spring loaded connection pins.
The 510 Connector.
To install the 510 connector simply remove the pod, and press fit the connector, with click in place with a satisfying snap.
Once in place, it looks seemless, and gives the Velocity a great look. And allows you to install any of your 510 atomisers. As well as the RBA base, for dry burning it.
The tool can also be used to pull the coil out of the pod should it get stuck, using the thin end to slip into the air hole and prize out. Very good idea.
The RBA Base
The RBA Kit also comes with a small tool kit, MTL Drip tip., MTL Airflow Adaptor, and 510 base, Coil and Cotton, so everything you need to get building.
The RBA Build.
The deck has four screws, which allows you to put both left and right handed coils, which is great as most RBA bases don’t have this option.
Once the coil is in place it is just a matter of adjusting the coil, to ensure that it is centred on the deck and lifted, so it is not touching anything, which would cause a short.
I must say this RBA base is super easy to build on, and a real joy to wick, I have had zero issues with dry hits, or any wicking issues.
Once the cotton has been thinned out, you can then carefully poke the cotton, down into the wick ports, ensuring that it is still nice a loose, and not to tight.
Performance & Every Day Useage.
It feel great in the hand and is the perfect size in my opinion, and has a really premium feel to it, and has totally faultless over the three weeks I have been testing it.
- Impressive build quality.
- Best RBA base system I have used.
- Adjustable Airflow.
- 510 Adaptor included.
- Uses 18650, 21700, 20700 batteries.
- Top fill.
- Looks amazing.
- Great flavour.
- RBA base takes both left and right handed coils.
- 5ml pod capacity
- No leakage issues.
- No Battery % indicator.
- And that’s about it. It’s that good.